A visit to Happiness

Its been almost a year and a half I personally got associated with AJ Foundation and Madhurbhav. 

Of course, there was an indirect connection for many years, as Mr Harshad Deshpande  (Board member AJ Foundation) has been Family for almost a decade. Thus, Mrs.Deshpande and I had been informally doing certain things on creative ends for Madhurbhav.

It was in January 2017 that we decided to take up social media activity, blogs, and other writing stuff for madhurbhav on a channelizing front and a little more regular.

That is where my formal association with Madhurbhav, the people there, their stories, became more prominent.

Since the time I began writing, I have always been in awe of the raw blog stories that came to me from madhurbhav for editing and presenting them in the right way.
The connect and understanding of madhurbhav and members is beyond amazing. 

Being a mass communication and journalism postgraduate, my inclination has always been towards writing.

Right, from when I was a kid, writing poetry's, short stories, four liners has been my forte.

Writing for Madhurbhav made me realize, that;  this is what I was meant for. as expressing emotions, psychological process, understanding people, without being judgmental, has always been something I loved. and what better than putting all that in words?  for people who are living their second half in a different way.

Earlier this month, Ii had my 1st visit and the luckiest experience to meet all the seniors, from both the centre's (Madhurbhav bliss & blossom). 
I wrote some of their stories even before meeting them, through the information provided to me, by Mrs.Deshpande. But; talking to them one on one, seeing those smiles and content feeling on their faces, when they warmly held my hand and welcomed me to their home, it was something worth a lifetime.

All of them are there, because of entirely different reasons and situations. yet, the life they have made there out of all the odds or needs that came their way is inspirational.

They were all so welcoming, enthusiastic to talk, ask questions, give information about themselves, express themselves through singing some songs that I don't know, meant how much to them. Their welled up eyes while listening to some meaningful Marathi songs, that some fellow family member sang, said a lot about their strength and will. 

I also had the chance to take my mother along. she always told me, whenever I visited, I should take her along.
she was more interactive with them than me.

After we left, she told me, "The most impressive thing was the way the staff at madhurbhav deals with the members.There  are a lot of seniors with critical medical conditions (Bed sores, Cancer, Alzheimer, Parkinson, paralysis, etc ) also, the level of hygiene is remarkable for a place with so many bedridden patients, But,  the compassion & patience the staff, doctors everyone has is commendable and that is why I think the atmosphere and their life there seem so lively and happy. I am proud you are part of something like this."

I was happy I could make her feel that way, by being associated with something so compassionate and expressive. Because,  she always taught me as a child, 'expressing yourself is an art, but expressing someone else is a self-less art.'

I really would like to congratulate Mrs.Deshpande and team, also Mr.Harshad Deshpande, for the contribution he is making at the age, where other people of his generation lac, time, effort, the warmth and affection needed to be a part of something like this.

And my heartfelt gratitude to both of them and the entire team, for giving me a chance to be a little part of this beautiful journey.

Looking forward to the journey.

Thank you,
Mayuri.Ambekar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Journey till now and battle continues.....

All Seniors are Safe during COVID-19